Thursday, April 16, 2009

Batch Painting Tanks.

I was pretty happy with the final result of the Leman Russ tank I painted, using Silly Putty. So happy that I bumped the Ogryns off the painting bench to finish up the reamining tanks that I own for the Guard. I have three Chimeras, Two more Leman Russ Battle Tanks, and one Exterminator Battle tank. Boy was I giddy to hear the Exterminator was put back on the active roster for the Guard. I know not a 1st choice for many, but mostly my Guard army faces off against Eldar, which tend to dislike accurate Autocannon shots.

A friend who I'm teaching 40k is a historical Model builder. He is the guy that told me about the Silly Putty trick. He was so impressed by the look of the finished tank, that he bought me a bunch of silly putty...enough to do the rest of my tanks at once.

So here they are "Puttied" up.
Photobucket

Then Hit with the Green...
Photobucket

Then with the putty removed and tracks painted black.
Photobucket

If I ever assemble another tank...I will leave the tracks off, paint the mini, paint the tracks on the sprews then glue them on.

Thats all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment